Sunday 9 October 2011

Happy birthday, I mean engagement, I mean birthday.


Ooops I missed a post. Yesterday was my actual birthday and what an amazing day it was! Not only did I spend it with some wonderful chums, my man and my parents (briefly) I was given this amazing cake in the shape of Helga (the Laravan), I drank prosecco from 11am until midnight (swapping occasionally for a glass of shiraz) and was given so many beautiful gifts from so many generous friends that I had an entourage to carry them.


Even more exciting, it turned out that I got to celebrate more than turning 30. My toyboy of eight years proposed at breakfast, all old fashioned-like on one knee. What a lovely and totally unexpected start to the day and the most amazing present I could have imagined.


To celebrate we put at out a call for an impromptu 'come as you are' lunch party (finally some achievement - item 6) at The Town Wall in Newcastle. So many lovely chums turned up to wish us well and celebrate me getting old. We're so lucky. We’ll be having an official engagement party in December when J gets back from Spain for the holidays so we can celebrate with those who couldn’t make the birthday/engagement impromptu lunch time gathering. 


No comments:

Post a Comment